25th Paris International Choir Festival
Paris has been a major attraction for several decades. No other city offers such an intense contrast between beautiful old and audacious new buildings.
In Paris, entertainment is non-stop whatever time of day or year, and the list of cultural events taking place there seems to be infinite.
A choir from Paris or Ile-de-France will welcome 2 or 3 foreign choirs. Attending a friendship concert is a great opportunity for the choirs to meet and share their mutual musical interest.
These concerts take place in theatres, town halls, concert halls, conservatories or churches, in Paris or the Ile-de-France region.
Each choir will perform a few songs. The choice of the repertoire is free, traditional songs from the different countries are however very much appreciated. The concerts will be followed by a friendship drink.
Date: Friday evening
Duration of the concert: Decided unanimously between participating choirs – usually 30 minutes per choir
Rehearsal: At the hotel in some cases or if possible and by mutual agreement with the “host” choir before and on the site of e concert
Day 2: Breakfast. Half day guided tour of Paris. Sight-seeing cruise on the Seine (except in case of floods) In the evening: a friendship concert will be organised with other choirs. These cultural and musical exchanges will be followed by a friendship drink.
Return to the hotel.
Day 3: Breakfast. Free time at your own leisure in Paris in the morning.
To finish off this festival on a vibrant note, a final concert will be organised at La Madeleine church. It will take place in the afternoon or in the evening and will gather all the choirs. Each choir will perform for a few minutes. Then, all choirs will sing the final song together. After the concert, a dinner or cocktail party will bring together all participants (optional).
Return to the hotel.
Day 4: Breakfast, check-out and departure.
- 3 nights with breakfast in the chosen hotel category in Paris and surroundings. Rooms with bathroom / shower, toilet, Telephone.
- 1 dinner on the arrival day at the hotel if accommodation in a 3* hotel or in a restaurant if accommodation in a 4* hotel
- 1 cruise on the Seine (except in case of high-water level of the Seine)
- Closing concert at the Madeleine Church
- Friendship concert with other choirs
- Friendship drink after the friendship concert
- Guide assistance for the check-in at the hotel the first night, the half day-sightseeing-tour in Paris, the friendship concert and the closing concert
- City Tax included
- 1 person free of charge in a double room when minimum 20 paying persons
Dates: 7th to 10th March 2019
Duration: 4 Days – 3 Nights