We Are Singing Cracow
FAST FACTS ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
NON-COMPETITIVE FESTIVAL FOR ALL KINDS OF CHOIRS WITH MANY CONCERTS AND COMMON SINGING
Come to Cracow in the Springtime of 2020 to participate in choral festival that will be as meaningful as it is memorable. Cracow is one of the best festival cities in Central Europe, from theater, art, literature, music dance and food, it provides its citizens and visitors with unique cultural experiences and spectacular entertainment. Though not the capital, Cracow is the cultural and intellectual center of the country and deservedly Poland’s most popular destination.
ST. MARY’S BASILICA
St. Mary’s Basilica (or St. Mary’s Church) is another point of interest right the corner of the Market Square. This dark red, Gothic-style building was erected in the 13th century and later rebuilt a century later. What is interesting about St. Mary’s Church is that every hour, from the top tower, a broken trumpet melody is played. Inside the basilica, there is a masterpiece – the world’s largest Gothic altar created by German sculptor Veit Stoss. It was carved in the 15th century when Veit Stoss moved from Germany to Cracow. It’s 13 meters (42 ft.) high end each individual statue is almost 3 meters (10ft.) tall.
WIELICZKA SALT MINE
The highlight of the festival the final concert – held the Wieliczka Salt Mine, only 14km (8 miles) from Cracow is a UNESCO site that will take your breath away. You will admiremany chambers and sculptures carved out of salt.
Arrive at the airport in Cracow.
Transfer to your hotel in Cracow for check in. Meet your coordinator at the hotel.
Attend the Orientation of the We Are Singing Adriatic International Choir Festival.
Join the other choir members and an adequate aperitif will be served. This is the first change to meet al singers and to get the first contact.
Return to your hotel and overnight in Cracow.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel. Rehearsal.
Lunch by your own.
Return to your hotel to freshen up.
CHURCH CONCERT: the choirs will be able to sing at St. Mary’s church just at the main Market Square in Cracow.
OPEN-AIR CONCERT: for the choirs with no sacral repertoire an individual concert in the Old Town of Cracowcould be arranged upon request.
Return to your hotel and overnight.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel. Free time.
Grand Concert with all participating choirs will take place at the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Before the Concert all participants will have the chance to admire numerous salt chambers with its amazing sculptures made by ordinary minors. All choirs receives a memento of the festival, and finally the joint sing is performed.
Farewell dinner will be organized after the final concert. The choirs meet at the folk restaurant with local food, music and dance.
Return to your hotel and overnight.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel.
Board private motor coach to the airport for your flight home.
The basic package includes
- 3 nights in Cracow with accommodation in the chosen category in singles, doubles and triples.
- Assistance at the arrival.
- 3 buffet breakfasts
- Welcoming Cocktail – at the Opening Festival
- Festive farewell dinner
- Organization of 2 concerts including an English speaking guide (Guides available in several languages on request)
- Assistance during check-in and during performances in your language
- Half day sight seeing of Cracow (without entrance fees) with an English-Italian- French-GermanSpanish and other speaking guide
- Entrance in “Wieliczka” Salt Mine, visit with guide
- DVD as a memento of this event (music recording DVD with whole festival concerts)
- Memorable gift for the choir
- Fee for renting a hall for rehearsals in the hotel
- Airport transfers from/to Cracow airport
- Transfer to the concerts (second and third day)
- Participation Fee
Dates: From 7th to 10th May
Duration: 4 Days – 3 Nights